Choosing the right armchair can be a daunting process so we have a couple of tips and tricks to help you make the right decision!! Picking the right armchair is a great way to add personality and character to any area, especially if artwork or bold wallpaper are not your thing!
An armchair should be a BOLD accent that compliments the existing elements but still unlike your sofa, you don’t want things to be too “matchy matchy”.
Ask yourself, what is the vibe of my place? Do I want to add in some luxe material and rich hues, creating a comforting and luxurious space? Or perhaps you are a laidback minimalist and adding a clean line simply design chair is exactly what you need. See, you can tell a lot about a person by what armchair they pick
- Pick a contrasting colour to your sofa
- Consider the other elements in your space! To make a cohesive space, ensure you play with different colours and textures (this is that matchy matchy thing I mentioned)
- How much space do you have? If you have an open plan with plenty of room maximise this by choosing a solid sofa chair. Less space? Choose a minimal clean lined armchair or a material like rattan which is visually lighter.
- Think about the purpose of this armchair. Who will be using this? Where will it be going? This will dictate the materials you need to look for. If you intend to be sitting in a window sill reading those design magazines, sipping on your tea on a weekly basis – find something upholstered and soft.
- Want to be able to move this chair from room to room? Look for something lightweight and easy to move.